Monday, October 16, 2023

DAY 8 : THE 10 DAY BREATHE FIRST AND GET MOVING CHALLENGE!

Happy Monday!


You still rockin and rollin?


We're on Day 8 of our 10 Day Breathe First and Get Moving challenge!


I am so proud of all you movers and groovers who have been playing along! (I've been talking to folks behind the scenes and I know a lot of you are playing along in the background! Thanks for participating and sharing your journey with me!)


Now today I'm going to have a little heart to heart with those of you who might be reading along, WANTING to get moving, but who haven't done so yet.


What is standing in your way?


One of the most common excuses I hear for NOT exercising is that, "I don't have time". Have you ever used that excuse? (I know I have!)


I get it. Life is busy. Maybe you've got kids, a demanding job (or jobs!), a spouse, parents or siblings to take care of, a household to run, volunteer activities to do...you name it! You've got IMPORTANT stuff going on!


But guess what? Your health (both mental and physical) is important too....


So how do you do both?


We have to move away from the "all or nothing" attitude. I was ALWAYS an "all or nothing girl".... "Oh, I can't possibly do a 10 day exercise challenge...I WANT to...but I don't have an hour to spend exercising every day and if I can't commit to doing it 'right' why do it at all?"


Well, guess what? There's no "right" way to START MOVING! Doing SOMETHING is better than doing NOTHING. Maybe, instead of committing to an hour a day of exercise, you just commit to doing a LITTLE bit more movement each day?


  • Maybe park far away from the grocery store and get extra steps in?
  • Maybe take the stairs instead of the elevator?
  • Maybe do squats while you brush your teeth?
  • Maybe hold plank during commercials?
  • Maybe play tag with your kids at the park?
  • Maybe do jumping jacks while you're waiting for the coffee to brew?
  • Maybe get in a few stretches while you're sitting at your computer?


There are soooo many ways we can get more movement into our day without carving out EXTRA time. And every little bit counts. SOMETHING is ALWAYS better than NOTHING.


So, if you've been reading along, wanting to commit, but you haven't....give yourself a little grace. If you want the health bennies of exercise, play along for the last two days of this challenge. Commit to doing SOMETHING each day. You don't have to carve out an extra hour to exercise....you just have to MOVE MORE.

Is that doable? OK, then...you've got two days...just move MORE for these last two days. (You might even find that it feels sooo good that you want to continue PAST the last two days!). You CAN do this! Give it a try! Start now! No excuses! Sending hugs out!


See you tomorrow for day 6!




No comments:

Post a Comment