I mean, really, is there a better way to get your greens on?
You can put your pesto on top of chicken or shrimp, you can use it as a spread on a sandwich, you can top your garden tomatoes with it, you can mix it in with your pasta...the uses are endless and it it gives a nice POP of lemon and garlic flavor!
Plus, this particular Pesto is nutritionally fabulous. Here's why:
- Baby kale, spinach, chard, and basil are nutritional powerhouses!
- Most people eat their pesto raw, so those wonderful greens retain all their nutrients
- You usually pair your pesto with something you need to chew so your digestive juices kick in with the chewing action and it's better for your tummy (unlike when you eat your raw greens in a smoothie--not as fabulous for those with compromised digestion)
- Did I mention leafy greens are good for you? LOL! In case you didn't know, they are not only filled with essential Vitamins like A, C, E, and K, but they are also high in antioxidants so they're one of the BEST foods to help prevent cancer!
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C--good for fighting infections, heart disease, and stroke
- They help fight cholesterol build up, aid digestion, and combat kidney stones
- Good for detoxifying the liver too!
- Rich in antioxidants
- High in Omega 3
- Can decrease cholesterol levels
- Good for brain health!
- Packed with nutrients (especially selenium, which is good for your thyroid, immune system, and cell growth)
- Rich in antioxidants that reduce inflammation
- Good for fighting the common cold
- Can lower cholesterol
- Has antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Rich in healthy monounsaturated fats
- Reduces inflammation
- Can protect against heart disease and stroke
- Can lower blood pressure
- Food processor (or blender)
- Knife and cutting board
- Lemon squeezer (citrus juicer)