It's November....the month that contains my SECOND favorite holiday (after Halloween!)....Thanksgiving!
I mean, what's not to love? We've got sweater weather, family gatherings, comfort food, pie, Fall drinks, colorful leaves, and a holiday focused around being thankful for what we already have, rather than searching for (and buying) a bunch of crap we DON'T have (and probably don't really need!).
This November, I want to REALLY focus on that feeling of Gratitude. Why? According to this post by Amy Morin in Psychology Today , practicing gratitude has 7 scientifically proven benefits:
- Gratitude fosters more relationships! (And having good friends makes life super fun!)
- Gratitude improves physical health. (Less aches and pains!)
- Gratitude improves psychological health. (Less sadness, more HAPPY! Yay!)
- Gratitude boosts empathy and reduces aggression. (Be a better human? Yes, please!)
- Grateful people sleep better. (I love me some good sleep, don't you?)
- Gratitude increases self esteem. (Go on and rock your confidence! Be a boss!)
- Gratitude increases mental strength. (Wanna battle the drama and trauma? Get mentally strong!)
It's easy, free, and we get scientifically proven bennies! Well THAT'S super awesome, right?
Let's do it! I'll post Thursday on my Facebook Page if you're interested in playing along with me!