Thursday, September 14, 2023

DAY 10 of the Breathe First Food Tune-Up: What’s Next?

Last day!  


We worked really hard!  Maybe we put the brakes on some poor eating habits.  Maybe we’re making better food choices. Maybe we’re crushing our cravings.  Whatever it is we did…we’re starting to feel pretty good about it!


So what happens next?  Do we just wake up tomorrow and gobble up a stack of pancakes and wash ‘em down with a milkshake?  (*CRINGE*)


This is the trickiest part…the “what’s next” part.  How do you keep making progress without working so hard?  How do you STAY healthy?


The deal is, you need to create a balance that works for YOU.  


Think of it like a savings account.... 


Eating healthy, nutrient dense food is like making a deposit into your “Health Savings Account”.  Eating junk food is like making withdrawals.  You obviously don’t want to take out too many withdrawals and end up bankrupt/sick, but if you’re ALWAYS making deposits and NEVER withdrawing, it can get pretty boring (and it can make you grumpy).  You gotta live life and have fun!


So think of it as long-term investing. Make lots and lots of deposits over time.  Eat healthy, nutrient dense foods 80-90% of the time.  Watch your “savings” climb!  


Occasionally, make a withdrawal–have a piece of cake, enjoy a couple of glasses of wine, eat the mac n cheese–enjoy it to the fullest! Have fun!  It is not going to break the bank if you do it occasionally. Just be mindful of the balance…over time, always deposit more than you withdraw!  


What am I going to do next week?  How will I create a balance that works for me? 



Whelp…I’m going on vacation.  I’m totally making some withdrawals (only ones that are really WORTH it though…no mindless eating…I promise!).  I’m going to thoroughly enjoy every single indulgence that I indulge in!  LOL!   BUT…when I get back…I’m planning on continuing my health journey and crushing my goals. Are you with me?  


Go create a balance that works for YOU!  


You CAN do this!


Now, I might be offline for a bit (cuz, well, vacation…), but when I get back, we’ll have a little check in.  Sound good? 


Again, congratulations on all your hard work!  You totally rocked it!


Until next time, my friends!  

Stay healthy!




No comments:

Post a Comment