Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Breathe First...And Try New Things: GroupEx Classes


Do you take GroupEx Classes?  

I know they're not for everyone, but I just love 'em.  I've been taking a whole bunch of them lately and experimenting with different ones.  I belong to the Bellevue Family YMCA AND the North Kirkland Community Center's Move It! Program.  Yup.  Two different "gyms".  To be fair, I also work at them.  But by working at them, I see what these "gyms" stand for...and different gyms stand for different things. 


Here's what I know about the Bellevue Family YMCA and the NKCC Move It! Program:

I know my bosses care about their GroupEx Staff and respect what they do.  

I know that these gyms center on community and acceptance.  There's no "Gym Dude" attitude or dirty looks if you happen to throw your workout clothes on in the dark and end up with mismatched socks (not that that's ever happened to me...).  😜

I know that the instructors LOVE their jobs.  They put their heart and soul into their classes and their biggest concern is making sure everyone is safe and feels welcome.  They throw all their energy right at you and it fills you right up!

I know the members of the gym are real people--they're not there to look at themselves in the mirror, they're there to get healthy, make connections, and leave class with a smile.

So if you haven't checked out your local community center or YMCA or other human-centered gym or yoga studio, I highly suggest you give it a try.  Zumba, Yoga, Bootcamp, PiYo, Tai Chi, Circuit Training, Sculpting...whatever floats your boat...  

Get your body moving.

Workout with a friend. 💖

Smile at someone.

Be Zen.

Don't take yourself too seriously. 

Have fun! 

Namaste, Friends!
dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment