Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Wanna Start a Gratitude Practice With Me?

Hey Kids!

It's November....the month that contains my SECOND favorite holiday (after Halloween!)....Thanksgiving!  

I mean, what's not to love?  We've got sweater weather, family gatherings, comfort food, pie, Fall drinks, colorful leaves, and a holiday focused around being thankful for what we already have, rather than searching  for (and buying) a bunch of crap we DON'T have (and probably don't really need!).  

This November, I want to REALLY focus on that feeling of Gratitude. Why?  According to this post by Amy Morin in Psychology Today , practicing gratitude has 7 scientifically proven benefits:

  1. Gratitude fosters more relationships!  (And having good friends makes life super fun!)
  2. Gratitude improves physical health.  (Less aches and pains!)
  3. Gratitude improves psychological health.  (Less sadness, more HAPPY! Yay!)
  4. Gratitude boosts empathy and reduces aggression.  (Be a better human?  Yes, please!)
  5. Grateful people sleep better.  (I love me some good sleep, don't you?)
  6. Gratitude increases self esteem.  (Go on and rock your confidence!  Be a boss!)
  7. Gratitude increases mental strength. (Wanna battle the drama and trauma?  Get mentally strong!)

It sounds pretty good right?  

So how do we "practice" gratitude?  

Well, there are lots of ways to do it, but I'm going to do it the easy breezy way (of course!).  

Each week for the month of November, on my Facebook Page, I'm going to post some random things I'm grateful for!  Wanna join me?  I'll do one post each week, but in the comments of the post WE can add things we're grateful for all week long if we choose to!  That way we can decide how "into it" we want to get!  And even though I'm only officially committing to ONE day a week for POSTING, I'm going to practice gratitude daily...each day upon waking, I'll conjure up a list of three things I'm grateful for!  (And I'm doing it BEFORE I get out of bed, so I don't forget to do it!  LOL!)

It's easy, free, and we get scientifically proven bennies!  Well THAT'S super awesome, right?

Let's do it!  I'll post Thursday on my Facebook Page if you're interested in playing along with me!  

Sending HUGS!
--D









No comments:

Post a Comment