Have I told you how lazy I am? OK, maybe not lazy... I prefer "resourceful"! As much as I often find cooking fun, I don't like to spend all my time in the kitchen.
Enter Overnight Oats. You make one portion and eat it for three mornings. No cooking either!
And for my friends who are gluten-free, dairy-free, and free of added sugar--you're in luck! This recipe checks all the boxes! Plus it's very filling, has lots of fiber, and has a nice burst of sweetness due to the blueberries!
So here we go!!!
Blueberry Chia Overnight oats
Ingredients for 3 Servings:
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats (I use One Degree Organic Sprouted Gluten Free Oats for good digestibility)
- 3 T Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or more if you like it spicy!)
- 1 1/2 C Nut Milk (make your own or use one with minimal additives!)
- Fresh or Frozen, thawed blueberries
- Take out three clean jars/containers with lids.
- Add 1/2 C Oats, 1 T Chia Seeds, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 C nut milk to each jar.
- Stir the contents of each jar to combine the ingredients, close the lids, and shake shake shake! (Perfect time to blast your favorite song and dance around the kitchen!)
- Take a peek at the bottom of each jar to be sure the chia seeds are not clumpy--if clumpy, give a good stir!
- Then, with lids on, stick your jars in the fridge overnight. (Hence the term, "Overnight Oats".)
- The next morning, take a jar out, take the lid off, add a smidge more nut milk if you like a creamier consistency, top with blueberries and eat! But wait! Can you eat them warm? YUP! I always heat mine up with a little extra "milk" and then plop some frozen blueberries in there (they pretty much thaw by the time I sit down to eat!). SO good!