Thursday, October 15, 2020

What the Heck is This Weird Looking Veggie?

 So THIS came in my Full Circle Farm Box Delivery!  I was so excited, 'cuz I've never tried it before!  As a matter of fact, I never even heard of it before seeing it on the Full Circle list of potential veggies choices...that's why I picked it!  Do you know what it is?  C'mon, take a guess!  


OK, give up?  

It's Celeriac!  Never heard of it?  It's also called Celery Root, Knob Celery and Turnip Rooted Celery.  Apparently, it's not TRUE celery.  It's a variety of celery cultivated primarily for its root.  

It's pretty ugly, right?  But don't judge a book by its cover!  It's got lots of many fine qualities!


Plus, you can use it in all kinds of ways!  You can use it raw in salads or cooked in stews and soups.  You can roast it like roasted potatoes.  And you can mash it like mashed potatoes!  

I chose to try it by using it in this Smashed Celeriac Recipe by Jamie Oliver.  It was yumzo!  Even hubby liked it...and he's not a huge veggie fan.  I added a bit more herbs to it (thyme, sage, and rosemary) and cut down a smidge on the oil.  REALLY good!

So, that was my food adventure for today!  Have you ever been adventurous and tried a new food?  Tell me about it!  I'd love to hear!

Hugs, Friends!

Dorothy



No comments:

Post a Comment