Friday, April 3, 2020

I'm Quarantined and Can't Stop Snacking! (A funny trick that just might work!)

So yeah, I keep finding myself sneaking over to the fridge during work time and nibbling.   A little here.  A little there.  You know how it is, right?  Next thing you know, you've eaten a bag of cashews, 3 rice cakes, a giant handful of raisins, beef jerky, and 4 spoonfuls of Almond Butter.  And that's on a GOOD day.  

Strangely enough, I was on my way back from an afternoon fridge drive-by and a post popped up on my Facebook Feed.  It was meant to be a joke, but when I saw it, I thought...
Bitmoji Image
"That's just what I need!"


I'll tell you about what I saw in a second, but first I want to tell you WHY I think I need it!  

Snacking is ok now and then, but constant snacking is not a good thing.  You rack up extra calories, your digestive system doesn't get a chance to go into "rest mode", and if you're just snacking 'cuz you're bored/procrastinating/tired/lonely or whatever, you never truly scratch the itch so you always feel "unsatisfied"!

The problem is, most of us don't stop to think about it!  (Myself included.)  So this post I saw on my Facebook feed was perfect!  And I'm gonna try it out. One of these signs is in the fridge, the other is in a cabinet.  I think it will give me just enough pause for me to be mindful and be able to re-direct myself!



What do you think?  









Ha ha ha!

I know...it seems a little crazy, but I really DO think the reminder will help!


air hugs



Sending hugs and wishing you health and happiness!

--Dorothy



PS

Here are the signs if you want a copy for yourself!  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A5lhgDD5E-v5R6uxx8mVQJDM6H3nyLnLksLTqPDZOXI/edit?usp=sharing


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zk_JxARLgkhNgOeUXKQczMlczFzJbfSWhQNud-0l4gg/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment