Monday, October 9, 2023

Musings: Day 1 of the 10 Day Breathe First and Get Moving Challenge






So THIS is where I did my exercise this morning....a 15-minute Betty Rocker Full Body HIIT session. I debated taking a selfie when I was done, but then thought I would spare you from seeing me in my super baggy bright purple t-shirt, non-matching teal pajama/sweatpants, and scraggly bed head. Yup, sooo pretty! LOL! I figured my best bet to "get it done" was to just roll out of bed and do it. So I did. Totally worked! I ALSO faced my fear of exercising in my backyard. I've always wanted to do it there. It's pretty cool in the morning and it's a great space with plenty of room but we've got CLOSE neighbors on both sides and I have this fear of them hearing my grunting and groaning and having them look out and see me struggling through burpees. 20+ years of dance training and I STILL can't manage to do burpees with any sort of style or grace. I move like a dog in stilettos...on ice! LOL! And BTW, I modified a LOT of the exercises today. I didn't rush despite the timed aspect (form over quantity) and I removed the push ups from the burpees (I just graduated from shoulder PT and I don't want to go back!). I did a couple sets of slow modified push ups after my session so I still got a balanced workout without rushing and compromising my form and risking injury. If I can give you one piece of advice when starting a new workout, it's work out at your level and modify as needed (is that TWO pieces of advice? Eh, whatever! You get the point!). OK, that's it for now! Hope you got your workout in! If not...just do SOME type of movement today--do leg lifts while you watch TV, do squats while you brush your teeth, do jumping jacks while you wait for the dog to take his nightly poop. SOMETHING is always better than NOTHING! Hugs to you, friends! See you tomorrow for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment