Thursday, October 12, 2023

Day 4: The 10 Day Breathe First and Get Moving Challenge!

 Hey Friends!

Let me tell you about yesterday's workout adventure!  As you know, I workout in the morning (before my brain is awake enough to create excuses to NOT workout!).  You also know that I've been working out outside in my backyard!

Yesterday I had a 7:45AM doctor's appointment and also needed to take my fluffanutter-doggy-face to a grooming appointment. This was ok...I planned for it!  

I set my alarm earlier than normal so that I could feed myself, feed the dog, get my workout in, shower, sit in CA traffic, find the new doctor's office, search for a place to park, etc.  I even set my workout clothes out the night before! Perfect!  NO excuses, right? 

Wellllll....I totally forgot about one little detail!  My alarm went off, I psyched myself up, jumped out of bed, dropped myself into my workout clothes and ran downstairs to get my booty out into the backyard and start my workout.  And then I realized it was pitch black!  Like, the little sliver of the moon was still out!  What?  OK, normally not too much of a problem working out in the dark (besides bothering my close neighbors) BUT it is SPIDER season here in CA and they swing from tree to tree in our yard and build these HUGE webs that go all across the yard and then they sit right in the middle of them waiting to attack.  And yeah, I know they are waiting to attack bugs, but I didn't want to go blindly into the darkness and chance getting a spider web (or worse, a spider) in my face.  

So I was THIS close to saying "forget this" and just go for a walk, but then I remembered that I put my Workout Plan online for you guys to see and the stubborn child in me decided that I was NOT going to go against my "promise" to you.  (I know, I didn't really promise you I'd do them all as written, and you probably don't even care, but....in the event that you DID care, I wasn't going to let you down!).

So I decided to do the Betty Rocker workout inside yesterday.  Which always makes me a little nervous cuz we live in an OOOOOLD house with a lot of termite damage and I have this fear of jumping up and down on the floor and going straight through!  LOL!    



So, you'll be happy to know, the floor held up and yesterday was my favorite workout so far!  There were Skater Lunges, Alligator Push Ups (modified), Reverse Burpees (soooo much more fun than regular Burpees--which are the bane of my existence!), Bear Crawls (modified), Lateral Barrier Jumps, and Tricep Dips (modified).  The knee and shoulder held up really well and it was super fun!  I was breathless and sweaty and energized by the end of class!  Yay! 

So how have YOUR workouts been going?  Have you crushed your excuses?


No excuses!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment