Friday, July 12, 2024

Day 3: The 5 Day Juice Cleanse Experiment--Habits and Triggers

OK, so remember before I started the cleanse I said I was either having bad allergies or getting a cold? Pretty sure it’s a cold–sore scratchy throat, headache, fatigue, cough, etc.! Gah! So now it’s hard to tell if I’m tired because of cleansing or tired because of the cold! LOL! Hubby seems to be doing OK energy-wise though, so I’m going to attribute the fatigue to the cold!
🙂


What else? I’m really NOT hungry. (Again, that might be the cold talking…). It’s super surprising to me! AND I'm still having trouble fitting all the juices in cuz my stomach feels really full all the time. Hubby has no trouble staying on track…he even drinks the spicy shots AND two protein shakes!


Last night we took a walk around town and I asked hubby if we could walk past Salt & Straw (an ice cream place) so I could check out the new flavors. He just raised an eyebrow and laughed…and indulged me. I don’t know about him, but I didn’t even feel like I WANTED an ice cream cone…I really DID just want to see the cool flavors. (And they look fabulous…it’s a berry theme right now).


I have to say, it surprises me how much of my eating is habit-based. Like, when I run an errand, I have to fight the urge to buy that little packet of gummy bears at Trader Joe’s that I always get when I go grocery shopping. And it’s not because I’m hungry or have a craving…it’s totally situational. And I know this happens for hubby too! When he hears music coming from the local brewery it is like a siren’s call to go have a beer and get some tater tots. I wonder how long it takes for the food/situation/habit link to go away? How many times would I have to go to Trader Joes and NOT buy the gummy bears in order to have a time when I go in there and it doesn’t even cross my mind?


Food for thought, I guess! (Pun intended!)


Do you have certain situations where you almost ALWAYS grab a snack or a drink? What are they?





No comments:

Post a Comment