Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Day 1 (Continued): The 5 Day Juice Cleanse Experiment--What are we doing about exercise?

Wednesday July 10, 2024 (Evening)

More details about Day 1…

So…let’s talk about exercise for a sec.

Typically during a juice cleanse, proponents of cleansing say to lighten your exercise load because when you cleanse, you’re not giving yourself enough fuel for intense workouts. As such, MY plan is to stick with yoga and SKIP my normal 40-50 minute workouts (which I typically do every other day) and replace them with 10-15 minute, less intense mini-workouts. I might also do light walks outside on my “off” days. And though this is my plan, I’m going to give myself some grace. If I feel exhausted, I’ll take something out. It’s about listening to your body when you try something new, right?

What’s hubby doing? He’s keeping his current exercise routine–which is pretty intense. His plan right now is to supplement the cleanse with protein–either in the form of protein shakes OR meat (chewable, not liquid! LOL!). And again, he says his plan is to listen to his body and see if he’ll need additional fuel as he goes along.
OK…so that’s what I’ve got for you on Day 1 so you know what our plans are!

Do you have any other questions about how we’re approaching this journey?


Ask below!





No comments:

Post a Comment