Thursday, July 11, 2024

Day 2: The 5 Day Juice Cleanse Experiment--The Hiccup

So it’s Day 2.

Hubby and I got through day one with no problem. Hubby supplemented with 2 protein shakes. I just stuck to the cleanse (with ONE hiccup–I’ll tell you about that in a sec!). Neither of us felt hungry. And honestly, we’ve both been really busy, so it was nice not having to think about what to make for dinner! LOL!

The juices are pretty delicious–very sweet. They contain a LOT more sugar than I had expected…especially since some of the juices are green juices. I’m pretty sugar sensitive, so hopefully I can tolerate it over time.

Wanna know the flavors? There’s a Greens with Ginger, an Orange Turmeric, Roots with Ginger, Sweet Citrus, and Avocado Greens. They are all juices, but the Avocado Greens is creamy so it feels a bit more substantial than the other juices. I have a feeling that when I’m done with this cleanse, I’ll crave them. I kinda feel like I could pour one into a fancy glass with ice and a tiny umbrella and feel like I’m on a mini vacation!
So…my hiccup came with the shots. Holy Crap. Their Wellness Shot is a spicy little bugger! Wow. I tried to shoot half of it and it literally gave me heart palpitations! Pressed apparently gets feedback about its spiciness quite often so under the FAQ’s on their website, I followed their suggestion and diluted it with water (which meant I had an EXTRA juice to drink!). Even diluted, it was still spicy! AND…drinking the “extra” juice put me behind on my drinking schedule so I didn’t have enough time to drink the second shot (“Vitality”). It’s ok though. I didn’t really need it! (Though I AM curious to see how it tastes…hubby says it’s powerful, but not as powerful as the Wellness Shot.) We’ll see…

OK. That’s it for now! Any questions?






No comments:

Post a Comment