Friday, August 25, 2023

How to Prepare for a “Food Tune-Up”.... Step 4: Prepping for Success by Taking ACTION!


You know those strategies you came up with last time about circumventing the things that might derail you???  


Start working on THOSE things!  (Cuz it’s great to come up with ideas, but they don’t do us any good unless we ACT on them, right?)


For example, in the past, one of my BIGGEST obstacles to healthy eating has been mindlessly munching on junk food around the house, or grabbing junkie snacks cuz I was “starving” and “the healthy stuff” wasn’t available.  


So I’m going to be proactive about that.  I’m going to start clearing out the cabinets and fridge of trigger foods and junk foods.  I might freeze some things. I might hide some things out of sight and put them wayyy up high where I can’t reach them.  I might throw things away.  I might give things away.  This may take a few days…and this is ok! (That’s why we start this process early!)


Another big obstacle of mine was being led astray by well-meaning friends and family who like to take me out to dinner, offer me fun junk foods, or share amazing margaritas with me!  


As such I’ve been talking to hubby and my friends about what I’m doing.  I’ve told them when the Food Tune-Up is going to start (September 5th) and when it’s going to end (September 14th).  I’ve asked hubby if we can eat in for those 10 days and I’m going to ask everyone to do their best to not offer me junk foods or alcohol during that time.  That way those situations don’t suck up all my willpower and make me vulnerable to slipping up!  I really wanna eat healthy and start feeling GREAT!


So if YOU really wanna eat healthy and start feeling great…take ACTION!  Start DOING the things you wrote down yesterday (question #2).  Be proactive about things that may derail your efforts!  Prep for success by taking ACTION!



PS

If you listed obstacles and can’t figure out ways to circumvent them, please ask for suggestions in the space below!  I’m always willing to help and I know others who are reading have gone through Food Tune-Ups before and they have great strategies for success too!  I want everyone doing this to find success and achieve their goals!  Let’s make this happen!





No comments:

Post a Comment