Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Breathe First...And Try New Things

I think I have a dual personality.  

I've always been a dreamer.  I marvel at that person who jets off alone to exotic locations to experience new cultures.  I admire those ladies in their "golden years" who sign up to take art classes, or photography courses or salsa dancing.  I am awed by the young girl at the coffee shop who has dyed her hair all the beautiful colors of the rainbow.  I am envious of that person with the less-than-perfect body who wears the most bold and outrageous outfit and rocks it with ultimate confidence.  I am moved by the older gentleman with Parkinsons who comes to my class and decides to try yoga for the first time even though it is physically challenging for him.  These are the people who inspire me.  

I love those people who aren't concerned with fitting in.  Those people who try new things and experience life to the fullest.  I want to be that person.  

But unfortunately, the other side of my personality often holds me back.  I've always been the logical one.  The practical one.  The planer.  I'm also a worrier...a "what if" person.  I lack that "who cares what people think" attitude.  But, I'm trying.

I am taking small steps.  Doing new things.  Trying new things.  Making mistakes along the way, but at least I'm doing SOMETHING. 

When January First hit, I made a decision.  I was going to make a list.  A list of things I would do or try in the upcoming year.  They're not necessarily huge, life-changing things (well, some might be), but they are things I've always wanted to do and never had the guts to do them because they're a little outside my comfort zone.  

So here I go....taking a deep breath....and trying new things.  


My "Breathe First...And Try New Things" List   
  1. Become a Health Coach
  2. Take a Cooking Class
  3. Try Floating (AKA Life Float or Urban Float)
  4. Post a Video  (Yoga anyone?)
  5. Blog...consistently and openly
  6. Read self help and nutrition books--and then actually put the advice to work
  7. Draw, paint or create something...and then display it or share it
  8. Learn a song on the Ukulele and play it well
  9. Make something with the sewing machine that I've had for 5 years and not touched
  10. Experience new Healing Modalities, Relaxation Techniques and/or Exercise Classes (even if they seem a little weird)
So, what about you?  Any new things you'd like to do or try in the upcoming year?  You've got 12 whole months (almost)!  Make a list of your top ten things.  Then BREATHE...and do them, slowly but surely!

Now, I showed you my list...wanna show me yours?  :)   

Namaste Friends,
Dorothy

2018
The Year Of Breathing First and Trying New Things

2 comments:

  1. Nice list!!!! I would love to see your Yoga video!!!! And your song on the ‘uke’!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best! I've already started tackling (spelling?) some of the list already! I wrote the list at the beginning of January so now I've gotta start posting about progress! Lots to do! HUGS!

      Delete