Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Progress...

Hey Guys!  

Well, I am making progress on my Breathe First...And Try New Things List.  Here's how it's going.  Things I've started to tackle are in blue:

My "Breathe First...And Try New Things" List   
  • Become a Health Coach
    • Ok, so I signed up with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and I'm enrolled in their year-long health coach training program!  It's been exciting so far.  We get an overview of over 100 different dietary theories!  More importantly though, we're learning about fantastic coaching techniques that will help people create sustainable changes and habits that will allow them to finally reach their health and wellness goals!  Woot!
  • Take a Cooking Class
  • Try Floating (AKA Life Float or Urban Float)
    • Hubby and I went to Life Float in Seattle.  What an interesting experience!  I will tell you all about it soon!
  • Post a Video  (Yoga anyone?)
    • Hubby bought me a tripod for my iphone!  This is the first step.  Next, I need to figure out where to film.  I'm on my way!
  • Blog...consistently and openly
    • So I was nervous about posting my last blog.  It's tough admitting your weaknesses for the world to see!  However, I think it's important to be open and honest as it will encourage others to do the same. Soooo....that's what I'm going to try to do!  
  • Read self help and nutrition books--and then actually put the advice to work
    • Got a book out of the library, but have yet to open it!  Sigh. (I'm so bad about reading!)  It's called, "Mastering Your Mean Girl" by Melissa Ambrosini.  It's about silencing your inner critic, something I totally need to work on!  
  • Draw, paint or create something...and then display it or share it
  • Learn a song on the Ukulele and play it well
  • Make something with the sewing machine that I've had for 5 years and not touched
    • Well, I did it!  Not an amazing accomplishment, but I made two Herbal Rice Packs.  It turns out I CAN sew two rectangles together!  LOL!  Picked out some fabric, sewed it right up (even though I had no idea how to start or end a stitch!), "marinated" the rice in some healing essential oils, funneled the aromatic rice into the packs, sewed the last little bit and...VIOLA!  A nice little heating pack for sore bellies, backs, or necks!  Also, good aromatherapy!  
  • Experience new Healing Modalities, Relaxation Techniques and/or Exercise Classes (even if they seem a little weird)
    • This one has been my favorite.  I've tried two new classes (which I will blog about later).  One is called Groove and the other is called Salsation.  Both totally fun!  
    • I also went to a Reiki & Singing Bowl Sound Bath!  I'll bet not many of you have tried that!  I will blog more about that later too!

So that is the start of my journey to trying new things!  Hope you are trying new things too!  Feel free to share!

Namaste,
Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment