Sunday, December 6, 2020

Half-Prepped for the Week!



So Sunday night is my food prep time.



Hubby goes off to play video games, I throw a load of laundry in, flip on old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and then I start planning, chopping, and processing. I think about what I want to make for the next 4-5 days and then make a shopping list. I think about what I might want to snack on. And then I do a little prep.



I’m not one of those gals who cooks a bunch of stuff, puts it in containers and has full meals at the ready all week long. I’m truly not that organized. If YOU are one of those folks, I give you mad props! Keep it up! It’s a great way to ensure that you eat only healthy meals!



Me? I’m kind of a half-prepper! LOL!



I make carrot sticks, celery sticks, bell pepper strips, radish discs, and cucumber sticks. So they are fully prepped for dips, hummus, and guacamole and HALF-prepped for impromptu salads, stir fries, soups, and side dishes.



I make hummus and one other dip (last week it was Sardine Pate...which tasted surprisingly like tuna) to go with veggies and Mary’s Gone Crackers.



I make an oil and vinegar (or lemon) based salad dressing.



I juice a bunch of lemons (cuz I hate juicing them one at a time--better to make a mess and clean it up once than to have to clean up lemon juice, pulp, and seeds a whole bunch of times during the week!). I use lemons a LOT--in warm water, in hummus, in salad dressings, in marinades, with veggies, with fish, in smoothies...you name it!



I make almond milk that goes into the morning smoothies, saving the almond pulp to make almond crackers.



Sometimes I make salads and put them in “to go” containers, so hubby can just grab one during lunch.



Sometimes I make a broth based soup or chili that can be used for lunches throughout the week.



Sometimes I make Sweet Potato Toast, tuna salad, or salmon salad for snacks or a light lunch to go with the soup or salads.



By the time I make that, the laundry has been washed, dried, and folded in-between my little chop and puree projects.



The cool part is, when the work week comes, snacks are ready to grab and go, breakfasts/lunches are ready (or mostly ready) to grab and go, and the veggie part of dinners is “half-prepped”. Plus it feels like there’s less clean up to do when there’s not as much chopping and dicing to do at dinner.



How about you guys? Do you meal plan/prep? Got any good tips and tricks? Feel free to share below!


Pre-Food Prep pic from this Summer.  
I didn't realize there was an onlooker in the background! LOL!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment