Sunday, November 29, 2020

THE GREAT IN-BETWEEN HOLIDAYS FRUIT AND VEGGIE CHALLENGE!

So since my B-day in mid-November, my nutrition has been off the rails--lots of wine, lattes, french fries, sugar, sandwiches, burgers...pretty much anything that is lacking any sort of color or nutrients.  And man, I am FEELING it!  Energy dips in the mid afternoon, constant stuffy nose, barely able to button my jeans, and my joints are killin’ me!  It’s been fun, but it’s time for me to get back on track!  (At least until Christmas!)



So here’s my plan!  



Starting Monday (November 30th) I’m going to do a Fruit and Veggie Challenge!  I’m not counting

calories. I’m not measuring foods.  I’m not starving myself.  Nope. I’m ADDING foods to my plate! 

(Specifically, fruits and veggies!)



I’m ADDING healthy leafy greens, cruciferous veggies and colorful fruits--apples, berries, pears,

pomegranate, arugula, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, onions, garlic, peppers,

celery, lettuce, mushrooms, spinach, kale, green beans, brussels sprouts, sea veggies...you name

it!  They are going to make up about 60% of my plate!  (That’s a LOT of real estate, folks!)


I’ll ADD small amounts of HEALTHY, low-glycemic, gluten-free, high fiber starchy foods (about ¼

cup per meal) like brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, winter squash, pumpkin, yams, and legumes. 

They will make up about 15% of my plate.


So are you keeping track?  By adding all those fruits, veggies, and plant-based foods, I’ve got 75%

of my plate filled!  THAT’S my goal!  Fill up my plate with the GOOD things--the gut healers, the

microbiome equalizers, the inflammation fighters, the age-defiers, the disease preventers, the

energy boosters, and the holiday pudge-busters!



So what about the last 25% of my plate?  



That’s where the protein goes. It is NOT the main attraction--it’s the side show!  I’ll keep a small

amount of protein on the plate--organic/grass fed/pasture raised beef, chicken and pork OR wild

caught fish OR organic beans/quinoa/lentils/tempeh.



Wait!  I didn’t mention fats!  We need healthy fats--avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil,

nuts, and seeds!  I’m not giving them their own section of the plate cuz they’ll just go on top of the

veggies, but trust me, they’ll be there!  (You need those fats so the fat-soluble vitamins/minerals

can do their thing and give you all their health bennies!)


So that’s it!  More fruits and veggies on my plate from Monday, November 30th until Wednesday, December 23rd.


Why? 

I’m looking for less energy dips, better sleep, more stable mood, less bloat, improved digestion/elimination, healthier organs, clearer thinking, less congestion, pain-free joints, and jeans that fit comfortably!  ;)   


So...you want in?  Who’s with me?  We’ll call it THE GREAT IN-BETWEEN HOLIDAYS FRUIT AND VEGGIE CHALLENGE!


Let’s do this!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment