My husband's first question was..."What does THAT mean? Is this some weirdo thing made with chickpeas and seaweed?" (You see, my husband thinks that anything healthy is made with chickpeas or seaweed. Or Kale. Sometimes he thinks there's Kale involved.)
Sigh. "No. No chickpeas or seaweed here, Babe."
No gluten or eggs either. 😉
But YES, we do have bananas! Ha! And Gluten-free flour. And a few other ingredients that my husband would consider "normal" (or at least "semi-normal").
The best part is, this is a no-fuss recipe. Quick and easy-breezy. No waiting for flax "eggs" to thicken, no grinding your oats into oat flour, no scooping that last bit of almond butter out of the giant Costco-sized jar and getting it all over your entire hand...instead, it's just easy.
It's not a fluffy banana bread so if you like that kind, stop right here and forget about making this recipe. This is the dense kind of banana bread. Which I really like. And surprisingly, hubby liked it too. (Which is unusual for ANY gluten-free baked good.)
So here goes...let's see what you think!
Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Bread
- 1½ cups gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large or 4 medium completely ripe bananas - no green! Use the mushy ones that you are just about ready to throw out.
- ½ cup coconut sugar or organic evaporated cane sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Walnuts or Pecans
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips