Saturday, February 9, 2019

Resolution Tip #5: Work With Your Season, Have Fun, and Make Some Memories

Hey Friends!

So in my last post, I talked about what to do when it's snowing and icy and your gym is closed and you don't want your nostril hairs to freeze when you do your outdoor workout.  

We just brought the workout indoors, right?

But what if you didn't?  

Like, what if you embraced the cold?  What if you welcomed it with open arms and decided to rock your exercise in a Wintery Wonderland?  Playing outside can be totally fun and be a great workout at the same time!

Image result for adults making a snowman

Image result for making snow angels



RTC skating rink
Image result for snowshoe
Image result for having fun skiing Related image 
 Image result for adult on a sled


Plus, if you bring family and friends along, you end up having lots of laughs and making amazing memories!  Need proof?


Here's me as a little one, pushing my Dad down the hill on a sled!  It was fun being the grownup!  (And it looks like he enjoyed being the kid!)



There I am on the left, rockin' every available color of the rainbow as I skied the slopes of New Hampshire with my Godfather, my neighbors, and my Dad.  My Godfather had such a wipe out that day--jumped a mogul and ended up crashing through the woods, fur hat flying in the air, arms and legs flailing everywhere!  People thought he was some kind of a deranged bear!


Snowshoeing with friends...right here in WA!


Hubby and I making a VERY happy snowman!


Having a walk (and a sing, and a dance) through the woods with my crazy Father-In-Law!  Always so much fun!


Massachusetts...
AFTER hearing the news that school was cancelled (I was a school teacher) but BEFORE doing any shoveling.  That was a big job ahead of us!  
We got it done...and we were exhausted!  That was some major exercise!  But it felt really good!

    

So have YOU made some awesome winter memories while having a little healthy fun outdoors?  Share your pics here! 

Namaste,
Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment